Home Sport Other Sports Tyson Fury cancels proposed bout with Anthony Joshua

Tyson Fury cancels proposed bout with Anthony Joshua

0
Tyson Fury cancels proposed bout with Anthony Joshua

Tyson Fury has canceled the proposed heavyweight showdown with Anthony Joshua after his self-imposed deadline expired.

On Friday night, Fury set Joshua’s camp an ultimatum, insisting if the deal could not be done in time then he would walk away from the all-British bout.

On Monday evening, the WBC champion said: “Well guys, it’s official. D-day has come and gone. It’s gone past five o’clock, Monday. No contract has been signed.

“It’s officially over for Joshua. He is now out in the cold with the wolfpack.

“Forget about it. Idiot. Coward. S***house. Body builder. Always knew it. Always knew you didn’t have the minerals to fight the Gypsy king.

“Regardless of what the f*** you say now, I don’t really care. Good luck with your career, and your life. End of. Peace out.”

Promoter Eddie Hearn had already said there was “no chance” of contracts for being signed by Monday, while Joshua insisted on Sunday that the negotiations were down to his lawyers.

Speaking on Instagram Live, Joshua said: “It ain’t in my hands – it’s with a legal team. That’s why you hire lawyers.

“You know the history of boxing – make sure you get your legal terms right. That’s why you get good management and good lawyers.

“So of course I’m going to sign the contract – it’s just with some lawyers at the minute.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.