Home Metro Taskforce officials allegedly kill one in Lagos

Taskforce officials allegedly kill one in Lagos

taskforce - Lagospost.ng
Advertisement

A yet-to-be-identified man has been allegedly killed by officials of the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences Enforcement Unit, popularly known as Taskforce, in the Mile 2 area of Lagos.

In a video circulating on social media on Tuesday morning, a bonfire suspected to have been set up on the expressway by youths in the area is seen.

Also, the state police command said officers have been deployed to the scene.

In the video, a man could be heard telling people to avoid the Mile 2 area, alleging that Taskforce officials had killed a man. “Currently at mile 2. Taskforce has killed somebody. It’s a shutdown and it’s a no-go area. Please avoid Mile 2 area,” the voice was heard saying in the 18-second video.

The spokesperson for the Lagos State Taskforce, Raheem Gbadeyanka, however, said the agency’s officials were not at the scene.

“It’s not us. Our men are not there,” he told PUNCH.

He emphatically stated that the state taskforce was not carrying out any operation in the area anywhere near the Mile 2 area.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, reacting to the video on X, said policemen had been deployed to the scene.

”That claim cannot be confirmed yet. Information is still sketchy. However, I can confirm that police patrol teams have arrived at the scene. Obstacles are being cleared and free flow of traffic picking up again. Further updates to follow.”

Hundeyin also said the Commissioner of Police, CP Idowu Owohunwa, has arrived at the scene, adding “Investigation into the killing of a driver has commenced.”

Advertisement

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.