Football viewing centers are one of the best places to catch fun in Nigeria. From the banter, to the raw fun to be had, and the moment of bonding, especially among football supporters.
In Nigeria, when there is a football match, one of the best places to be with friends is the viewing center. In these viewing centers, you meet people, and according to our ‘research’, here are 10 people you will find in a viewing center.
1. THE FOOTBALL HISTORIANS: They may not know the history of their family but they have a detailed history of every country and club football team. if you mistakenly get into an argument with them, they will disgrace you with facts.
2. THE SILENT OBSERVERS: They came quietly to watch the match and go. They don’t have the strength for plenty talk. This group of football lovers would prefer to watch the match at home but they probably don’t have electricity or no fuel in their generator or their cable TV subscription has expired.
3. THE CHOIR MEMBERS: Once an angry fan starts leaving, they will start singing “one by one, dem don dey go”.
4. THE BIG BOYS: These ones come with their babes. As the match is going on, the babe will lean on his shoulder. This one dey pepper some other guys for body.
5. THE SCREAMERS: These ones will roar and scream at the TV. They may even throw stuff at you and scream at you if you block their view.
6. THE COMMENTATORS: They come very early before the match starts and never keep quiet when the match is going on. They run their own commentary, so loud into your ears and spitting on your face while talking.
7. THE WANNABE COACHES: They will be screaming at the coach on TV (as if he would hear them, telling him who to change and who not to change)
8. THE TEASERS aka ‘Olote’: Their team is not playing but they are there to witch hunt other teams to make sure they lose. They laugh unnecessarily.
9. FEMALE FANS: They are so passionate about football, they know football more than most guys. They normally come alone, enjoy their game and leave.
10. THE SPORT BETTING KINGS: These ones don’t care about who’s winning or losing, all they care about is for their bet slip to “enter”. while others are watching the match, they are just there marking their bet slips.